Once you have your branding elements in place, including your logo design, colours and fonts, you are ready to move onto your website, whether it be for a complete overhaul, minor improvements or additions, or reliable and timely website maintenance updates.
Websites — can you do it yourself?
Interestingly, WordPress, and other commercialized free, open-source website providers, are advertised as programs that anyone can set up and run themselves. Additionally, the “free” or low cost lures people in to give it a try. The only thing you have to lose is your time, right?!
But is this really the case?
The truth is, setting up a website, regardless of the platform, takes a number of technical and design skills that the average person has not acquired nor practiced. We get calls from people who were convinced by their web hosts that building websites is super easy; the web host pre-loads WordPress and sends the clients the admin logins. When clients login to their brand new websites, they are instantly overwhelmed because they don’t know where to start or how to do anything.
Additionally, rarely have we built a website that goes together without a little troubleshooting, advanced customization and specialized knowledge. The truth is, building a website is not that easy if it’s not something you do regularly.
By working with an experienced website design company, you can be assured that your website is:
A professional web design company can get your website up and running quickly, provide guidance and recommendations based on years of experience, and manage your website project with established systems and processes. Why reinvent the wheel!
What makes working with Fun4business different?
We are local
Fun4business is based in Calgary Alberta Canada, and we enjoy working with fellow Canadian online entrepreneurs and businesses who like the personalized touch of working with a local company.
We are approachable
We schedule regular phone or video conference calls in order to stay connected and minimize miscommunications, increase efficiencies, stick to the project timelines, and meet milestones. (A 5-min phone call can eliminate an hour of back-and-forth email!) In fact, there can be lots of close, personal contact right up until project launch, and so you may as well be working with someone you resonate with and whom you trust will do a good job for you. Check out our testimonials!
We are passionate
Producing high-quality design and final product is extremely important to us and we are always willing to spend the extra time to get it right to meet and exceed your expectations. We work with you in a team effort to produce, review and revise the outputs into stellar form.
By choosing Fun4business for your website design project, you will be assured of 3 things:
- Friendly, helpful & enthusiastic customer service — We always go that extra step for our clients!
- Tailored project management techniques for creative design projects
- A fabulous end product that will give you a strong foundation for your online business
What’s our secret ingredient?
That’s right, we’ve been at this a long time and have taken the time to develop comprehensive checklists for every stage of the design process. Not that your project will require all of the items to be checked off – instead, we use it on every project to systematically ensure we’ve covered everything.
At Fun4business, we care about the details.
5-Step Testing Procedure
Just because your website looks great on your computer doesn’t guarantee that it will look identical on your customers’ computers and devices. Testing is an ongoing and integrated step that should be continuously engaged throughout the design process. Who wants to get to the end of the project and realize the website does not satisfy some basic accessibility or compatibility requirements?! Sometimes design/functionality compromises must be made to ensure various aspects of your website work for everyone (or your target audience). It is the end users’ basic assumption that things should work. It is important to pay attention to this. This trumps fancy every time.
Website testing includes:
- In-House Testing: We ensure compatibility with a variety of popular platform/browser combinations.
- Client & End User Testing: We encourage you and some of your chosen clients and associates to thoroughly test the website.
- Systems Integration: Ensuring the database, programming language and content management system is functioning properly.
- Accessibility Testing: This ensures text readers and search engines can easily navigate your site, and – depending on your needs – may include the following:
• Ensuring you can use your keyboard to tab through your site (instead of using your mouse),
• Running your website through an online text reader,
• Reviewing your code to ensure it is high quality. For example, images should have descriptive “ALT tags,” which speak to search engines and disabled users.
• Design your site with a high contrast between the text and background. For example, red text on a black background can be unreadable to colour blind visitors (and just annoying to the rest of us).
- Fresh Look: We recommend a site review about two months after the official launch. Things can be missed during the rush for launch. Our Fresh Look includes reviewing your Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Rankings in Google (or other search engine), your uploaded file sizes and appearance, your content display and organization, your links, etc., and making sure your website is working at advanced capacity.
Testing your website is a Team Effort
Three people are involved in testing: You, me and your end user. It is important that you have a couple of your clients, associates, friends, or family, test your website on their desktop or preferred device (tablet, cell phone) and give you feedback. Ask your testers the following:
- Do they like your website design and feel that it accurately represents your business and matches your other marketing materials?
- Does anything look funny?
- Does everything work properly?
If your tester had any problems, please collect the following information from them: Platform, browser and version, monitor size, device type, and text size setting with their browser or computer. The earlier feedback is obtained, the easier it is to integrate and accommodate changes in the final design.
Choose one of the following options to get in touch with us!